If this is an EMERGENCY call 000.
If you wish to speak to someone immediately then contact:
- Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800: Australia's only free, private and confidential, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged between 5 and 25. 'We care and we listen any time and for any reason'
- Lifeline on 13 11 14: provides crisis support and resources on their 24 hour crisis line
Mental health problems can range in severity, complexity and risk and not all require a specialist mental health service like Orygen Youth Health. If you are in the early stages of seeking help, and not sure if you need a mental health service or a community service, then your local GP may be helpful.
- NWMH Triage on 1300 TRIAGE or 1300 874 243: for help and access to adult mental health services within the western and north western areas of Melbourne.
- Department of Health Website which provides information about available public mental health services according to location and age.
- headspace which provides mental health services for young people aged 12–25 years
eheadspace is not a crisis service.
- want to chat about what's going on in your life
- are worried about your mental health
- are feeling depressed or anxious
- are feeling isolated or alone
- are worried about your drug and/or alcohol use
- are worried about a friend or a family member
Telephone and webchat is open from 9am until 1am every day; contact 1800 650 890 or eheadspace.org.au. Emails can be submitted at any time.
Referring to Orygen Youth Health
Orygen Youth Health provides services for young people aged 15–25 years in the western and north western areas of Melbourne needing help for a serious mental health disorder such as depression or psychosis. Contact OYH Triage on 1800 888 320 if seeking help.
Please read the How to Refer page for details about the information required for a referral.
If you are a current client please contact your case manager on 9342 2800 during business hours or contact OYH Triage on 1800 888 320 at other times.